Monday, November 16, 2009

October's No-gi Pan Ams


These past couple months have taken me all over the place. October 3rd was the no-gi Pan Ams in New York city (Harlem). I lost 2 matches on points - way too much focus on the Kimura gave up mount points and a guard pass in my first match, losing to Marcos Barros (Gracie Barra), and then 2 takedowns in the open division to Aldo Batista. You can see how everyone did at the IBJJF's results page. These matches made me want to win again in competition. I know that might sound kind of odd, but I really wanted to see how what I had been working on in "the lab" (the gym) would play out in competition. OK, cool. I figured a few things out, and now I want to win.

Jon Burnley ("JB") came up with me, and had a couple very good matches to win his division (senior 1 blue belt lightweight)! Huge congrats to JB, bringing home the gold for our team.

Thanks to Alberto "Manto" Marchetti for taking the pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment